Aztec Soccer is designed purely for the development of its players and for the love of soccer. Our families are critical to our success and to a player's success. Parents play many roles in sports: current or former athlete, coach, fan, motivator, role model or critic. A few studies have shown that family members may influence an athlete’s involvement and achievement in sport more than coaches. Please take a moment to understand our Aztec Parent Protocol:
1. Be Positive. Be Supportive. Cheer loudly, cheer proudly. Encourage everyone.
2. Allow Independent Decision Making. Part of learning is making mistakes. Give the players the opportunity to make mistakes and the freedom to make decisions.
3. Model Good Behavior. We want to be known in the soccer community as an organization that has exhibits dignity, respect and integrity whether we win, lose or draw.
4. Follow Best Practices. While the game is being played, the coach will decide what is best for the team and as such, parents are expected to support these decisions. When the game is over, regardless of the outcome, it will be the coach who will evaluate performance, reinforce good decisions and make corrections as needed.
5. Seek Problem Resolution. If there are any issues or concerns, we would like the players to address the coach directly (in person, not via email or phone).
6. Enjoy the Game! Your behavior and attitude towards the game and their long term development help set the tone for your daughter/son’s performance. Sit back and enjoy.
Aztec Soccer is proud of its College Prep Program. We are here to help each of our athletes successfully navigate through the college selection process. Over the years, Aztec Alumni have suited up for some of the top Division I, II, III programs and attended some of the finest academic institutions in the country. Aztec remains dedicated to finding the right fit for YOU, both academically and athletically.
The success of the Aztec Soccer College Prep program is a result of joining together valuable resources who share the Aztec vision. Student-athletes are provided access to: Aztec College Advisory Board via our Board of Directors, Aztec Peer Mentoring Program, dynamic Small Group Sessions and the Aztec College Showcase.
Player safety is the utmost importance and the long-term health of our athletes guides all decisions. Our policy is to immediately remove any player from training or games who sustains a significant blow to the head, who complains about or who is showing symptoms consistent with having suffered a concussion. No exceptions. No Aztec coach, parent/guardian or player will overrule a healthcare professional.
In order to return to play after suffering a concussion, a player must be cleared by a licensed healthcare professional, such as a physician or an athletic trainer certified (ATC) with sports medicine injuries and experience related to concussion evaluation and management. A written document stating the same should be provided to the Director and/or Coach.
We strongly advise players and parents to educate themselves on concussions and more importantly if a player has suffered a concussion, allow him/her to rest & completely recover before returning to activity.